Infographic: Compound Interest

    Pay Off Debt or Save: Is It Better to Save Money?

    By Leah Norris - Tips for Credit Card Payoff Calculator
    Should you pay off debt first before padding that savings account? We say yes and here's why it's the wiser financial decision in the long run.
    On average, how much did you save per month in 2012?

    Survey: Savings Statistics 2012

    February 19, 2013 - By Naomi Mannino - News for Prepared for Unexpected
    A survey paints one of the clearest pictures yet of the American economy and money mindset on cash savings: On average in 2012, 55.2% of over 1,100 respondents saved less than $100 each month, and an additional 30.2% saved at ...
    On average, how much do you expect to save per month in 2013?

    Survey: Savings Statistics 2013

    January 21, 2013 - By Charles Tran - News for Compound Interest
    Faced with a sluggish economy and flat-lining wages, consumers will continue to focus on increasing their savings and decreasing debt, just as they have since late 2009, says a new survey by But this year, they plan to put even ...
    Do you feel you are doing enough to save for retirement?

    Survey: Retirement Savings Statistics

    January 15, 2013 - By Charles Tran - News for Family
    What's the difference between objective forecasting and cockeyed optimism? A new survey by suggests that it's the difference between some people's saving habits and their idea of a “comfortable retirement.”
    Are you currently saving for retirement?

    Survey: Youngest Adults Still Not Saving for Retirement

    October 17, 2012 - By Naomi Mannino - News for Americans in Debt
    Despite the focus on the economy during the past few years, the youngest of American adults are not saving for their future, according to a new survey conducted by The survey found that 79.8% of young adults, those ages 18-24 ...
    Are you currently saving for retirement?

    Survey: Saving Money Statistics

    October 16, 2012 - By Mike Foster - News for No Emergency Savings
    Over a thousand people were asked if they have any specific savings strategy, such as saving a certain percentage of income. Over 54% replied that they did not have any strategy at all. More worryingly, 61.5% said that they are not saving for ...
    Do you have any debt at the moment?

    Survey: Americans in Debt Statistics

    October 15, 2012 - By Naomi Mannino - News for How to Get Out of Debt
    With all the recent hype that Americans are paying off their debt and carrying less debt overall, debt-holders still have the majority rule according to a recent survey. Just over 70% of respondents said they have debt.
    Do you have more than $500 in savings at the moment?

    Survey: Savings Statistics

    October 9, 2012 - By Naomi Mannino - News for Prepared for Unexpected
    Close to half have no cash savings and are living on the edge of financial disaster, according to a recent survey. While 59% of respondents reported having more than $500 in savings, the other 41% do not have a cash safety net.
    Dig Yourself Out of Debt

    How to Get Out of Debt

    By Kelly Teh - Tips for 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers
    Finding yourself deep in debt can be a discouraging reality. And in the past several years, more and more consumers have found themselves in this situation.
    Infographics: Age Gap

    Infographic: Age Gap Statistics

    By Andrew Green - Tips for Consumer
    In the last 25 years, older Americans have grown much wealthier than the young – a gap reflected in their attitudes toward credit management, as well as political and social issues.

About CreditDonkey®
CreditDonkey is a credit card comparison website. We publish data-driven analysis to help you save money & make savvy decisions.

Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed on this page are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.

†Advertiser Disclosure: Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which CreditDonkey receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). CreditDonkey does not include all companies or all offers that may be available in the marketplace.

*See the card issuer's online application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However, all information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button you can review the terms and conditions on the card issuer's website.

CreditDonkey does not know your individual circumstances and provides information for general educational purposes only. CreditDonkey is not a substitute for, and should not be used as, professional legal, credit or financial advice. You should consult your own professional advisors for such advice.