Save at Blue Nile with these promo codes and coupons. Plus tips to get the best deals.
Blue Nile is currently offering one promotion. Read our in-depth review of Blue Nile to see why Blue Nile scored 4.3 stars out of 5. We like their largest selection of diamonds online and low price guarantee.
Blue Nile Offers You May Have Missed
Don't miss another hot deal. Check back often at CreditDonkey.
Limited Time Offer: Save 20% On Select Items
Promotion code must be entered in cart or mentioned over phone at time of purchase. Products available for the 20% discount may change at any time. Offer may not be combined with any other offer, cannot be applied retroactively, and products must be listed on the promotional page at time of purchase. Void where prohibited. Offer expires 3 PM Eastern Time, December 31, 2016 and is subject to product availability.
15% off Regularly Priced Jewelry!
10% off Regularly Priced Jewelry!
Save 40% on Select Jewelry + Free Shipping on Every Order!
Tips and Tricks to Save Money at Blue Nile
Buying jewelry, especially an engagement ring, is one of the most important and most expensive purchases in a person’s life. Blue Nile is the world’s largest diamond retailer and claims to have the best engagement rings at the best price, every day.
Because Blue Nile has exclusivity deals with wholesale diamond distributors around the world, they can offer pricing up to 40% lower than traditional stores.
But even with Blue Nile’s low prices, there’s still work to be done to make sure you are getting the lowest price for the best diamond.
How to Get the Best Deals at Blue Nile
- Know the four Cs of diamonds - cut, color, clarity, and carat weight. Blue Nile has thousands of loose diamonds for sale at any point, but it doesn’t have individual photos for each diamond. To help narrow down your search and ensure you are getting a good diamond, familiarize yourself with the basic diamond measurements and find what fits in your budget.
- Use a coupon code. We'll list the current ones here. Blue Nile often has coupon codes available for things like 20% off select jewelry (not diamonds of course!), $20 off your purchase, or even 15% off wedding rings.
- Buy a ring for just less than a carat. Blue Nile allows you to search for diamonds by carat weight. To save money, look for a diamond between .9 and .99 carats. A diamond is significantly more expensive once it is a full carat, but a slightly smaller stone has a very similar look. Many brick-and-mortar stores don’t sell diamonds slightly less than a carat, so Blue Nile can lead to big savings.
- Use the price match guarantee. If you find a diamond from another jeweler with comparable size, cut, and clarity for a lower price, contact Blue Nile before you make the purchase. If their experts determine the rings are indeed comparable, the company will match the lower price.
- Sign up for the Blue Nile credit card. If you can’t pay for a ring in cash, consider applying for the Blue Nile credit card, which allows you to pay flexibly over time. Or consider using a low interest credit card with a 0% intro APR.
- Diamond upgrade. Blue Nile offers a diamond upgrade program for life. If you purchase a new diamond worth at least double the original diamond, Blue Nile will give you the full value of the original GIA or AGSL graded diamond as credit to the new purchase. Certain exclusions apply (such as if the original diamond has been damaged).
- Refer a friend. Send a special email through the website to a friend. Once they make a purchase, you and your friend both get rewarded based on how much you spend, up to $100 of an order of $1,000 or more.
- Ship for free. All Blue Nile purchases come with free insured shipping. If your order is $1,000 or more, you can also get free overnight shipping. Blue Nile also has a 30-day return policy for just the price of return shipping.
- Gift wrap for free. Blue Nile offers free gift wrapping on all purchases, which can be convenient and frugal for presents.
- Enter sweepstakes. Blue Nile often runs sweepstakes on its website, with prizes including a $5,000 signature diamond.
When to Shop at Blue Nile
- June to August. The most popular time to buy a ring and get engaged is between Thanksgiving and Valentine’s Day, which is also the time of year diamond prices tend to be more expensive. Beat the rush by purchasing a ring in the summer, when demand and prices are down.
- Before Christmas. If you are going to purchase a ring during the popular winter months, do it before Christmas, when jewelers like Blue Nile typically offer sales and promotions. Prices tend to increase depending on the precious metals and gemstone market after the first of the year.
What to Buy at Blue Nile
- Create your own ring. Blue Nile offers pre-made and custom rings. For the most part, choosing a diamond and then choosing a setting is cheaper than purchasing a pre-made ring and gives you a larger diamond selection.
- Jewelry insurance. Blue Nile offers free quotes for insurance, and their partner rates tend to be very competitive. Jewelry insurance can be incredibly useful in case anything happens to your ring.
- Pearls. Aside from diamonds, Blue Nile sells a huge selection of four types of pearls at very competitive prices. The pearls can be put in most any type of custom jewelry.
- Jewelry. Blue Nile also sells jewelry, including custom design earrings and necklaces.
What Not to Buy at Blue Nile
- Low-end diamonds. Because you can’t see the individual diamond before making a purchase, you don’t know if there are any imperfections or impurities. This isn't a big issue for high-end diamonds, but for diamonds below grade VS2, it can be a gamble. In there cases, it can be better to purchase where you can see the actual diamond.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the author's alone. Please support CreditDonkey on our mission to help you make savvy financial decisions. Our free online service is made possible through financial relationships with some of the products and services mentioned on this site. We may receive compensation if you shop through links in our content.
Largest selection of online diamonds, sourced from suppliers around the world
30-day money back guarantee. You will pay for shipping and insurance fees. Items must be in their original purchase condition, including all product documentation.
Lifetime manufacturer warranty. Terms and exclusions apply.
Diamond buyback program through Mondiamo based on market value.
24/7 customer service
Blue Nile provides complimentary resizing for Build Your Own Rings®, and Diamond Bands when within the manufacturer's recommended sizing range, during the first year.
Lifetime diamond upgrade program on all GIA and AGSL graded diamonds. You will receive credit equal to 100% of the original price toward the purchase of a new diamond. The price of your new diamond must be at least twice the price of your original diamond. Your diamond must be in its original condition with the original diamond grading report.
- For the complete terms and conditions, view the merchant's website. While reasonable effort has been made to maintain accurate and updated information, the information shown on this site may vary, be out of date, or not applicable to you. All information is provided without warranty. Please review the terms and conditions on the merchant's website.
Benefits and Features
|Selection||Largest selection of online diamonds, sourced from suppliers around the world||Inventory sourced from local diamond suppliers|
|Data||Grading report||Grading report, 360-degree HD video|
|Return Policy||30-day money back guarantee. You will pay for shipping and insurance fees. Items must be in their original purchase condition, including all product documentation.||If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in its original, unworn condition within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Free return shipping only applies to U.S customers and is limited to three per customer.|
|Warranty||Lifetime manufacturer warranty. Terms and exclusions apply.||James Allen warrant that all items will be free from any manufacturing defects at time of delivery. James Allen will repair and maintain your jewelry for a lifetime. Lifetime warranty offers free prong tightening, re-polishing, rhodium plating and cleaning services.|
|Buyback||Diamond buyback program through Mondiamo based on market value.|| |
|Customer Service||24/7 customer service||24/7 customer service|
|Resizing||Blue Nile provides complimentary resizing for Build Your Own Rings®, and Diamond Bands when within the manufacturer's recommended sizing range, during the first year.||All engagement rings and wedding bands, excluding eternity bands and alternative metals, may be resized once for free within the first 60 days of purchase.|
|Upgrade Policy||Lifetime diamond upgrade program on all GIA and AGSL graded diamonds. You will receive credit equal to 100% of the original price toward the purchase of a new diamond. The price of your new diamond must be at least twice the price of your original diamond. Your diamond must be in its original condition with the original diamond grading report.||Any loose diamond purchased from James Allen can be exchanged at 100% credit for any replacement diamond of at least 2X or greater value. The diamond that is being upgraded must be in original condition and accompanied by the original laboratory grading document.|
Blank fields may indicate the information is not available, not applicable, or not known to CreditDonkey. Please visit the product website for details.
Articles on Blue Nile
Blue Nile offers diamonds up to 40% lower, but are they good? Our review tells you what you need to know about this large online jewelry retailer.
Can you afford a 1-carat diamond for your engagement ring? Learn why there is such a huge price difference in diamonds and how much you can expect to pay.
Thinking of shopping for a diamond in the New York diamond district? This is a must-read guide before you go so you don’t get ripped off.
Thinking of shopping for diamonds in the Los Angeles diamond district? Read this helpful local guide for the best tips to get the perfect engagement ring.
Get the maximum bling for your money. Small compromises can make a big impact on diamond prices. Learn how to get the best value on your engagement ring.
Thinking of buying an engagement ring online? We've done the research and found the top 3 diamond stores for selection, quality, and overall experience.
Do Whiteflash diamonds really sparkle more? Is Whiteflash worth the money? Read this in-depth review to learn the pros and cons of Whiteflash.
Ignore the "two months" rule. Find out how much you should REALLY spend on an engagement ring.
Ready to pop the question? Buying an engagement ring online is a brilliant way to save big. Read on for the ultimate guide, so you don't get ripped off.
Shouldn't your love be enough? Is an engagement ring necessary? Maybe. Here are the 23 reasons why you won’t be able to stop yourself from buying an engagement ring when the time comes.
You want to buy an engagement ring online, but which online diamond store can really go the distance: Blue Nile or James Allen? Read on for a comparison of these 2 top online diamonds retailers.
Thinking about buying an engagement ring from James Allen? Read this in-depth review to learn the good and the bad.
Diamonds can quickly change from a girl’s best friend to her worst nightmare. By timing the purchase just right, you could end up with a token that gives you great joy ever day and not a financial heartache.
Buying an engagement ring is one of the biggest purchases you’ll ever make. It comes attached with deep emotions, major nerves, and perhaps even uncertainty about the future. For those who get married young, it might also be one of your first major purchases at a time when income isn’t exactly waltzing through the door.
More Deals to Save Money at Blue Nile
More Deals from CreditDonkey