With Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years just around the corner, our infographic illustrates holiday travel deals and tips. Includes 3 travel credit card promotions to help travelers save.
Summer’s end may mean an end to adventure and exotic vacations, but don’t put away your luggage so fast. This fall, excellent U.S. domestic travel deals abound with savings on both airfares and hotels. With the following statistics, learn the best times to travel and where the best deals can be found.
|Infographics: Holiday Travel Deals © CreditDonkey|
When and Where to Go
- After peak season, you can get great rates this fall to sunny locations such as Florida and the Caribbean. Investigate for yourself though, because many times there are also good holiday travel deals on “island” locations not listed in this article.
- International travel fares are on the rise this holiday season, so the right strategy regarding where and when to go is important in getting the right price.
- Whether traveling by air or car, there are busiest travel days for each. Traveling on days that are not as busy can make your trip less stressful. For example, some experts recommend flying out on Thanksgiving Day, rather than Wednesday, which is often busier at airports.
Price Is Not Everything
- It can be even more advantageous if you can fly out of airports or with airlines with good track records. However, you don’t want fly or travel long distances to get to these airports. That would defeat the purpose.
- Beware of challenges of traveling off-season. This can mean bad weather to insufficient number of staff to closed restaurants and more.
- Use these tips to get the best rates for flights and hotels.
- Package deals often save more than purchasing flights, hotel, and rental car separately.
- Use the appropriate credit card to get the best rewards. However, use credit responsibly by making sure you are able to pay it off before you accrue significant interest.
- Use your trip as an opportunity to accumulate airline miles from your flight, credit card purchases, and other methods.
Credit Card Deals for Holiday Travel
"Savvy travelers can really save a lot of money by using credit wisely", said Charles Tran, founder of CreditDonkey. "And with CreditDonkey credit card deals, you can find the equivalent of a flight and hotel stay. That's a lot more comfortable than sleeping on the couch at the in-laws."