Credit Card Review by CreditDonkey
Citi® Dividend® Card for College Students is a Personal Visa card with $0 annual fee.
Apply for the Citi Dividend for College Students with Citi secure online application. To qualify for this offer, you usually need good credit.
|Intro APR ||Intro Period as long as ||Regular APR ||Penalty APR |
|Purchases ||0%*||7 months*||13.99% - 23.99%* (Variable)||29.99%|
|Balance Transfers ||N/A||N/A||13.99% - 23.99%* (Variable)||29.99%|
|Cash Advances ||N/A||N/A||25.24%* (Variable)||29.99%|
Rewards & Benefits
Cash Back Rewards
cash back on all other purchases (The total cash back earned with the card is $300 per calendar year. See Citi Dividend Card Reward Program Information.)
Bonus Cash Back
Earn 5% Cash Back in categories every quarter. Right now, on eligible purchases within the Hilton Portfolio, car rental agencies, movie theaters and theme parks from 7/1/14 - 9/30/14
Most items purchased with your Citi card are eligible for protection against theft, fire or accidental breakage of up to $1,000 for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
Citi Photocard offers added security and a great form of photo identification by putting your picture and signature on the front of your Citi card.
Citi Price Rewind: Register your covered purchases at citi.com/pricerewind and Citi® Price Rewind will search hundreds of retailers’ sites for 30 calendar days from the date of purchase to help find a lower price. If one is found that’s lower by at least $25, you can get the price difference back.
Car Rental Insurance
You're automatically covered when you reserve and rent an eligible vehicle with your Citi® card and decline the car rental company's collision loss/damage waiver insurance. (Not all vehicles are covered)
The terms of the original manufacturers' U.S. warranties (of one year or less) may be extended up to one additional year on most items purchased on your card.
Travel Accident Insurance
Charge plane, train or bus tickets to your Citi® card and you, your spouse and eligible dependent children are automatically covered for Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance at no additional cost.
Citi Virtual Account Numbers
With Virtual Account Numbers, you never have to give out your real credit card number online. With one click, you can generate a substitute credit card number and make it virtually impossible for anyone to steal your account number while shopping online.
$0 Fraud Liability
Shop anywhere and never lose a penny on unauthorized charges. With $0 Liability you won't pay for any unauthorized charges made with your card.
You're protected when you’re traveling in the U.S. and abroad. Travel & Emergency Assistance services include medical and legal referrals, lost luggage assistance, emergency transportation, translation services and more.
Interest Rates & Interest Charges
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
0% introductory APR for 7 months*. After that, your APR will be as low as 13.99%, 18.99%, 23.99%* (Variable) based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Balance Transfers
APR will be as low as 13.99%, 18.99%, 23.99%* (Variable) based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Cash Advances
APR will be as low as 25.24%* (Variable) based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Paying Interest for Purchases
You usually have at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle to pay your entire balance to avoid interest. If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $0.50
- Paying Interest for Balance Transfers
Usually, interest begins charging on the transfer transaction date.
- Paying Interest for Cash Advances
Usually, interest begins charging on the cash advance transaction date.
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee
Either $5.00 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee
Either $10.00 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Foreign Exchange Transaction Fee
3% of the amount of each transaction.
- Late Payment Fee
Usually, a $35 fee for each late payment may apply.
- Returned Payment Fee
Usually, a $35 fee for each returned payment may apply.
Complete Card Details
- For the complete terms and conditions, view the issuer's official application, terms, and details. While reasonable effort has been made to maintain accurate and updated information, the information shown on this site may vary, be out of date, or not applicable to you. All information is provided without warranty. Please review the terms and conditions on the issuer's website.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Citi. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Citi.
Articles on Citi® Dividend® Card for College Students
Free of annual fees, the Citi® Dividend® Card for College Students offers 1% cash back on all eligible purchases. Cardholders also receive an introductory purchase APR and a variety of extra protections. Because this card does not require a co-signer from students who have an income, it can be a good pick for a first credit card.
Compare Citi Dividend for College Students to:
- Fair. No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee. No late fee on your first late payment. And paying late won't increase your APR.*
- 5% cash back at gas stations on up to $1,500 in purchases from July through September 2014 when you sign up*. 1% cash back on all other purchases automatically.*
- Human. Talk to a real person any time with 100% U.S.-based service.
- Looks out for you-since each Discover purchase is monitored. If it's unusual, you're alerted by e-mail, phone or text-and never responsible for unauthorized Discover card purchases.*
- 0% intro APR* on purchases for 6 months, then the standard variable purchase APR of 12.99% - 21.99%.
- *Click "Apply" to see rates, rewards and other information
|Intro APR for Purchases||Intro APR for Balance Transfer||Regular APR||Annual Fee|
0% for 6 months
12.99% - 21.99% Variable*
Popular Cards from Citi