Return protection is one of those card benefits that is easy to overlook, but can really help you out in a pinch. If you make a purchase on a card that has return protection, you have greater flexibility about when and how you can make returns. With the holidays right around the corner, this feature is something to keep in mind.
As it is, returning a purchase can be frustrating depending on a store’s return policy and its limitations. For example, a store might allow a return only if you bring back the merchandise with the original receipt within 30 days. Some final sale items cannot be returned at all.
But if your card has a return protection program, you might have a much wider return window. A typical return protection program lets you return eligible items for a full refund within 90 days (with a few caveats).
Cash Back & No Annual Fee
Besides return protection, the Discover It also offers price protection. So if you see an item you purchased at any store at a lower price within 90 days, Discover will cover the difference on eligible items.
- 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months-then a variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. A 3% fee applies to each transferred balance.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%.
- 5% cash back in categories that change each quarter. Now - June 30 earn 5% at Restaurants & Movies on up to $1,500 in purchases after you sign up.* 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- J.D. Power awarded Discover "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies. Tied in 2014."+
- Free FICO® Credit Score on monthly statements, online and in our mobile app.*
- No annual fee, no late fee for your first late payment, APR won't go up for paying late, no overlimit fee and no foreign transaction fee.*
- Each Discover purchase is monitored. If it's unusual, you're alerted by e-mail, phone or text-and never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover card.
- *See rates, rewards, free FICO® Credit Score terms, balance transfer terms and other info by clicking "Apply."
|Intro APR for Purchases||Intro APR for Balance Transfer||Regular APR||Annual Fee|
0% for 6 months
0% for 18 months
10.99% - 22.99% Variable*